He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken
My name is Archie and I am a grateful believer who has had victory over alcohol addiction but still struggles with life.
When people ask me “how did you overcome alcohol addiction?” I tell them, quite simply ‘I STOPPED!’
– turning to alcohol to escape every emotion I felt in my life.
– turning to alcohol when I didn’t like the way others acted or reacted towards me.
– turning to alcohol as way of avoiding my responsibilities in life.
– turning to alcohol as the only solution to my life’s problems and issues.
– turning to God to learn to face my emotions and deal with them.
– turning to God to help me accept and understand I am not responsible for how others act or react. The only thing I can change in life is me..
– turning to God, facing up to my responsibilities, doing the best I can and leaving the
outcome in His hands.
– turning to God, His Word and His leading, knowing that whatever happens If He is in
control I will be fine.
There is a song that says “I can do all things, through Christ who gives me strength, but sometime I wonder whet He can do through me?”
The answer is only He knows and all you need to do to find out is ‘TRUST AND OBEY’
Thanks for letting me share
CR Melbourne Project 614